The first dog shampoo with the USDA Organic Seal. This is the 4-Legger USDA Certified Organic Shampoo
This 4-Legger Shampoo is the world's first USDA certified organic dog shampoo!
Getting properly certified organic is costly and difficult as the product has to meet the high standards and strict regulations of USDA, even after certification.
4-Legger has committed time and money to get that seal on the front of the bottle to give us the peace of mind that we are indeed giving our pups a truly safe and non-toxic product.
While most shampoos use water as the base, 4-Legger uses aloe juice! Each formula also contains shea butter, sunflower oil, coconut oil, olive oil, and essential oils that are packed with benefits. Silky smooth, concentrated, and 100% natural! Nothing artificial or synthetic.
Benefits of Orange & Neem
The star of this formula is the handpicked certified organic sweet oranges. They are cold-pressed to release the essential oil from the rind.
The oil is thus packed with natural Vitamin C to:
- promote the production of collagen (for skin repair)
- reduce inflammation and bacteria
- promote healthy skin
The orange is complemented by Certified Organic Neem Oil - a highly sustainable oil known for its ability to repel pests and provide strong natural anti-fungal, antibacterial and antimicrobial properties.
- Deep cleans and deodorises
- Eliminates dandruff and hydrates the skin
- Reduces inflammation and the presence of bacteria and fungi
- Naturally deters fleas, ticks, and mozzies
- Improves the strength and health of hair follicles
Not recommended for cats. We recommend 4-Legger's unscented or lemongrass blends.
Organic Aloe Juice, Organic Saponified Oils (Coconut, Shea Butter, Olive, Sunflower, and Jojoba), Organic Vegetable Glycerin, Organic Sweet Orange Essential Oil, Organic Neem Oil, Organic Rosemary Extract
Organic Aloe Vera Juice: Aloe has long been known as a natural healer - good for skin and coat. Treats a variety of skin conditions - flaky or dry skin, burns, minor skin infections, and more. It acts as a natural conditioner to make the coat look shinier, glossier, and healthier.
Organic Coconut Oil: Extremely hydrating, coconut oil provides a protective layer to retain moisture in the skin while allowing the skin to breathe. As a mild oil, it is very good for inflamed or irritated skin, and on dogs with sensitive skin.
Organic Shea Butter: The fatty acids and nutrients in shea butter encourage collagen production. It is an excellent moisturiser that helps to remedy dry skin while protecting the skin's natural oils, reducing inflammation, and smoothing the skin. 4-Legger's shea butter is sustainably-sourced (an added expense but better for our planet)!
Organic Olive Oil: Rich in vitamins, minerals, natural fatty acids, and antioxidants. Known for its ability to nourish, rejuvenate, and protect the skin.
Organic Sunflower Oil: Rich in Vitamins A, D, and E, sunflower oil acts as an emollient that holds moisture inside the skin cells and retains skin hydration. As a strong antioxidant, it helps to protect the collagen and elastin in the skin to improve the skin’s tone. The high amounts of Omega-6 (linoleic) fatty acid are anti-inflammatory to reduce skin inflammation and dermatitis.
Organic Jojoba Oil: A great cleanser and an excellent moisturiser. Jojoba also contains fatty acids that help to rejuvenate and restore dry skin.
Organic Vegetable Glycerine: Natural emollient properties soften and soothe the skin. Glycerine is very mild, making it suitable for sensitive skin. It is also thought to be a humectant, which means it can attract moisture to your dog's skin and keep it locked in!
Organic Sweet Orange Essential Oil: Packed with natural Vitamin C to promote the production of collagen (repair skin). Also has the ability to reduce inflammation and bacteria, lift the spirits, and promote healthy skin.
Organic Neem Oil: A highly sustainable oil known for its ability to repel pests and provide strong anti-fungal, antibacterial and antimicrobial properties. 4-Legger's neem dog shampoo excels at cleaning and eliminating dandruff while hydrating the skin and improving the strength and health of hair follicles due to its high antioxidant content.
Organic Rosemary Extract: A very powerful antioxidant that is used as a natural preservative with anti-inflammatory properties.
How to use:
Shake bottle to blend ingredients. Introduce a little warm water before wetting your pup from head to tail. Squeeze a little shampoo onto the palm of your hand and apply directly on your pup.
Do expect a thin consistency as only natural ingredients are used. Nonetheless, you would only need a small amount to cover your dog as it lathers quite well! To make more lather, use more water - not shampoo! You can also use a foam bottle (only dilute what you need for one bath).
Gently massage the shampoo deep into your pup's coat. Rinse thoroughly until water runs clear. Avoid the eye area. Use a washcloth to clean the face.
How 4-Legger's handcrafted shampoo is made:
4-Legger feels strongly about the transparency and honesty of their ingredients and process. So, for those of you who want to know how the shampoo is made, here goes!
1. Organic Coconut oil (Cocos nucifera), Organic Shea Butter (Butyrospermum parkii), Organic Olive Oil (Olea europaea), Organic Sunflower Oil (Helianthus annuus) and Organic Jojoba Oil (Simmondsia chinensis) are mixed with Decolourised Organic Aloe Juice (Aloe barbadensis) and Potassium Hydroxide under heat in a large kettle.
The result of that reaction is Saponified oils of coconut (Potassium cocoate), shea butter (Potassium Shea Butterate), olive (Potassium olivate), sunflower (Potassium sunflowerate), jojoba (Potassium jojobate), and vegetable glycerine.
2. Some of the organic aloe juice evaporates off and the glycerine is mixed back in. The potassium hydroxide used to saponify the oils is no longer detectable.
3. Organic Lemongrass Essential Oil (Cymbopogon schoenanthus), Organic Rosemary Essential Oil (Rosmarinus officinalis), Organic Hemp Seed Oil (Cannabis sativa) and Organic Rosemary Extract (Rosmarinus officinalis) are added and mixed.
*We try our best to keep product information and images up to date but take note that they only serve as a guide. While it doesn't happen often, changes by manufacturers may take some time to reflect on our site. If there are ingredients you are particular about, chat with us!
- You must email us at email@example.com within 3 calendar days of receiving your order with the order number and picture(s) of the item
- You must return the item to us using a traceable mode of delivery within 7 calendar days. Keep your receipt for return shipping refund. We are not responsible for any lost mail
- The item must be returned unused and undamaged with the original packaging and tag intact